Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ted Bundy (2002)

Director: Matthew Bright

Starring: Michael Reilly Burke, Boti Bliss, Julianna McCarthy, Jennifer Tisdale, Michael Santos, Annalee Autumn, Tom Savini

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Not every serial killer fits the profile.

Plot: Ted Bundy was the good guy. Charasmatic, handsome, charming, intelligent, and the nicest guy you'd ever met. But beneath that good guy exterior was a vicious serial killer who caused havoc and terror among the citizens of the United States in the 1970s. This is the true story of how this respected man became one of America's most notorious serial killers.


My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

Nice!  This picture stradles the line between horror and comedy (albeit very dark comedy) which I take is supposed to be how Bundy felt about what he was doing, snickering as it were at the stupidity and gulibility of his victims.  It's darkly sick but I found myself laughing every once in a while but then I'd gasp a little as some of the kills and rapes are brutal.  I like the two sides of the coin director Bright plays.  Burke does a fine job in the titular role.  There's a good deal of brutality, blood and nudity to satisfy the exploitation crowd and while it's not trying to be an end-all biopic on Bundy, it's an entertaining movie that also gets some of the facts right.  Once big exception is Bundy's final capture.  He was actually caught in my town of Pensacola, Florida (not in the mountainous region seen in this movie).  They got most of it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment