Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Attack the Block (2011)

Director: Joe Cornish

Starring: Jodie Whittaker, John Boyega, Alex Esmail, Leeon Jones, Franz Drameh, Simon Howard, Maggie McCarthy

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Inner City vs. Outer Space

Plot: A teen gang in South London defend their block from an alien invasion.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

SPOILERS AHEAD...YARRRRRRR!

I LOVED the aliens/monsters in this.  They're nothing but jet-black hair and you never see anything else; no faces, no hands, nothing but black hair (and some scary-ass, glow in the dark teeth). Very nice touch and clever (and cheap on the budget).  That's a HUGE plus and that alone kicked up my score by a point or two.  It's a pretty fun ride all the way to the end.  I couldn't stand the hoods that mugged the main broad.  That's alright, I guess, because some of them redeem themselves and the others...well, die. It's a lot more fun than it sounded like it would be.  I'd definitely like to give this another spin someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment