Monday, March 31, 2014

Sundance Film Festival 2014 Summary

Well, it didn't look like I was going to be able to go this year but at least I had last year. Sundance 2013 was an amazing experience.  If I only had one chance to go, that would satisfy me.  27 films was quite a feat. This year I was late to the dance but I still caught 12 fantastic films, some of which I'll see again and a small handful I'm dying to show my friends.


Day 1 - Let the movies begin & party with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon!

Day 2 - Why a romance between a 28 year old and a 14 year old isn't as bad as it sounds and hanging out with future celebrities at the cast & crew party!

Day 3 - Killer cheerleader sex/murder scandal and the return of Nazi zombies!

Day 4 - The day I get a cold...oh, plus dope-addicted jazz pianists and serial killers make the best pals.

Day 5 - Kevin Smith is soooooooooooo awesome!!!

Day 6 - Awards, the day I got a second opinion & sci-fi dust!

Day 7 - Three films that made sweet, sweet love to me ending with the biggest climax I've had in a long time!

Overall and final thoughts: For my second time here, it's been fantastic. The people were friendly, the 1,800+ volunteers were amazing, the weather was fantastic (sunny skies and barely a breeze the entire time I was there) and the movies were even better than last year. There wasn't a stinker in any of the 12 films I saw (less than half of what I caught last year) and the last film of the last day (for me) was the best. I really hope some of these make it out to the public in the coming months. They need to be seen and several of them are screaming me to come back. It's been one hell of a great film ride this year. Bring on 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment