Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cat-Women of the Moon (1953)

Director: Arthur Hilton

Starring: Sonny Tufts, Victor Jory, Marie Windsor, William Phipps, Douglas Fowley, Carol Brewster, Susan Morrow, Suzanne Alexander, Bette Arlen, Roxann Delman, Ellye Marshall, Judy Walsh

More info: IMDb

Tagline: They're fiery...fearless...ferocious!

Plot: Five astronauts travel to the dark side of the moon on a scientific expedition. There they discover a cave which somehow retains a breathable atmosphere. They remove their space suits and venture on, soon finding a buried city where the last members of a 2 million year old civilization greet them with food and drink. Little do they know that these eight lovely leotard-clad women are planning to steal their ship.


My rating: 8/10 - yes, that's right, 8 out of 10.

Will I watch it again? YES!!!

OMFG!  This movie is priceless.  It's an hour long and there's probably 2 hours of great dialogue crammed into it.

Helen Salinger: [on being told that she can't come on the trip to the moon] Someone's got to cook your meals for you!

And...





Lambda: I love you, Doug, and I must kill you!
Douglas 'Doug' Smith: I love you too Lambda, and I'm not afraid.


And...

Douglas 'Doug' Smith: Incidentally, where are your men folk?
Lambda: You're the first man I've ever seen. Ours died off when I was still a child.
Douglas 'Doug' Smith: Gee, it's a lucky thing we came along. Oh, I mean, so you'd know what a man looks like.

And my personal favorite...

Walter 'Walt' Walters: [to one of the Cat Women] You're too smart for me, baby. I like 'em stupid.





I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud.  The sets are cheap, the special effects are cheap, the actors are great (and often over the top melodramatic), the story is fun but it's the dialogue and the fast pace that makes this such a gas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment