Thursday, June 20, 2013

Suburban Pagans (1968)

Director: William Rotsler

Starring: Carla Peters, Kathy Williams, Christine Thomas, Karen Richards, Marsha Jordan, James Brand, Steve Vincent, Don Allman, Clint Randall, Art Wesley, Morton Smith, Jay Edwards, Sheri Jackson, William Rotsler, Karen Thomas

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Stare at the orgies...listen to the screams of pleasure and pain and try to imagine that these barbarians may live next door!

Plot: A faux-documentary about wife swapping clubs in the L.A. area. A reporter interviews the vice cop. The first 40 minutes is a semi-sex orgy. The guys do not take off their pants as they make out with the wives. Two of the wives have a lesbian moment. Second sequence features a strip poker match involving the wives as stakes. The final part is a short plot piece about a swapping guy who is filmed and black mailed by the club's owner.


My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

This has got to be one of the greatest collection of '60s black & white boobs I've ever encountered.  Plot?  Who cares.  We get a collective 6 minutes maybe of the detective and the reporter.  The rest of it, spread out over 75 beautiful, eye-massaging minutes, is nothing but this...

Ah, so that's what Mr. Blonde does on his down time (lay off the doughnuts, bub).



I thought I knew you, Tinkerbell.

Peter Pan approved! 






I'm so in love with Kathy Williams (below).  She needs to have my babies.  I'm probably going to put together a project for her soon where I'll attempt to watch all 18 of her films (which I've been doing anyway).  She's the reason I tracked this down and sadly, she shows up near the end and she's only in it for maybe 2-3 minutes.  And she doesn't even speak!  Nooooooooooo.  Any Kathy Williams is better than no Kathy Williams, I suppose.


WOW!  That ass!  YOWZA!



While this picture is a magnificent document of how awesome 1968 was (besides the year of my birth), it does get old.  It pains me to say this but after a half hour or so of tedious writhing and fondling I was getting bored.  The bits with the detective and the reporter are hilarious.  The dialogue is so ridiculous that you can't help but laugh (and it's intentional).  The gratuitous nudity is fantastic.  There's a really groovy score that plays non-stop during the orgy scenes and that alone goes a long way into keeping you (even if just a little) engaged if the nudity didn't already. Even though I only gave this a 6.5 out of 10 I still highly recommend it.  It's fun to watch and if you're in the mood for some mindless eye candy exploitation, this isn't a bad way to go.


2 comments:

  1. Wonder Bra calling....

    This is a good example to share with potential sponsors. I can't believe you can watch something like this to the end! Wait a minute, yes I can believe it. Get a life man!

    ReplyDelete