Sunday, June 23, 2013

Silent Hill (2006)

Director: Christophe Gans

Starring: Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, Laurie Holden, Deborah Kara Unger, Kim Coates, Tanya Allen, Alice Krige, Jedelle Ferland, Colleen Williams

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Enjoy your stay.

Plot: After the continuous sleep walking episodes of Sharon, the young daughter of Rose Da Silva, the decision is made to take Sharon to the place only mentioned in her restless dreams- Silent Hill. However, the road to Silent Hill is anything but easy to access, and Rose creates a high speed chase between herself and a police officer only to end in a crash for them both. When she wakes up, Sharon has disappeared and Rose is at the entrance to the deserted, dream-like town of Silent Hill. As Rose begins the search for her daughter, she does not realize the terror and mystery surrounding her. Rose is led on a blind search for her beloved daughter, finding herself getting more and more entwined into disturbing past of Silent Hill.


My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? No.

I love video games but I haven't played much in the past couple of years.  When I do it's either stuff like first person shooters.  I love horror movies but a movie hasn't scarred me since I was a kid and I'm not happy about that.  A lot of people have told me that I need to play this game late at night in a dark room because it'll do the job.  Great.  I still haven't played it but I thought I'd at least check this flick out.  Now that I've seen it, I would have rather played the game.  The movie's OK.  It wasn't all that compelling but it looked great, I dug the atmosphere and I liked a lot of the creature designs.  I have a feeling that the game is MUCH better and a lot more interesting.  Maybe, just maybe, it'll send chills down my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment