Friday, June 21, 2013

Lucha Libre (1981)

Director: Francois Reichenbach

Starring: Enrique Llanes, Alvares Castro

More info: ??? Couldn't find any

Plot:  This 40min French documentary focuses on wrestling mania in Mexico as well as a portrait of life, politics and popular culture there.


My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? No.

Even though this is in French and Spanish with no English option, I thought this could be interesting even if I couldn't understand what was being said.  I suppose it could have been more fun if it at least had English subs but it did have its moments. 





For the most part I gleaned that old ladies and little kids LOVE wrestling, all wrestlers in Mexico wear masks, they loves the Jesus and a shit ton of people go to these events.  The masks are the only thing that separate them from wrestlers in the U.S. it looks like.  Watch it for yourself above.  Maybe you'll get something out of it.  It's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment