Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Transporter 3 (2008)

Director: Olivier Megaton

Starring: Jason Statham, Natalya Rudakova, Francois Berleand, Robert Knepper, Jeroen Krabbe, Alex Kobold, David Atrakchi, Yann Sundberg, Eriq Ebouaney

More info: IMDb

Tagline: This time, the rules are the same. Except one.

Plot: Frank Martin puts the driving gloves on to deliver Valentina, the kidnapped daughter of a Ukrainian government official, from Marseilles to Odessa on the Black Sea. En route, he has to contend with thugs who want to intercept Valentina's safe delivery and not let his personal feelings get in the way of his dangerous objective.


My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I'm really digging this series.  So far I like the second one best but this third picture is a lot of over the top, goofy fun.  I like the relationship that Frank (Statham) and Inspector Tarconi (Berleand) have and how it grows from film to film.  Sure T3 has crazy, idiotic shit like...



 ...but everyone involved knows that's the goal and they deliver.  I could have used at least one more action scene as the film tends to drag a little in spots.  But you're not waiting long before some fun happens.  I feel like a broken record in saying this again but even though Jason Statham is largely a one-note actor, I really dig the tune and I hope he keeps on making these types of pictures as long as he's having fun and he takes us with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment