Monday, June 3, 2013

Sorority Row (2009)

Director: Stewart Hendler

Starring: Teri Andrez, Adam Barrie, Megan Wolfley, Robert Belushi, Marie Blanchard, Briana Evigan, Zack Garrett, Margo Harshman, Rumer Willis, Carrie Fisher

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Sisters for life... and death.

Plot: A group of sorority sisters try to cover up the death of their house-sister after a prank gone wrong, only to be stalked by a serial killer.


My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again? No.

Why watch this?  Because Carrie Fisher needs to have my babies.  OK, so she's barely in it but she's fun while she lasts.  This picture started out interesting and potentially fun (I LOVED the prank that gets the picture going) but the fun never really happens.  I don't know what I expected but it just didn't grab me at all.  I guess the only thing that kept me going was trying to figure out who the killer was.  I never did and when the killer's identity was revealed it was a weak choice and a major disappointment.  It's a good looking film and it's competently made but it's missing that spark of fun or sheer horror that it needs to be enjoyable.  It's a right-down-the-middle horror flick that fails to ignite or bore the piss out of me. That's hardly an endorsement either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment