Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sundance Film Festival Day 7

Wednesday, January 23

Man.  I've been here a week already and I've done so much and I've seen an awful lot of movies.  I've got three days left with seven movies to go.  I just know it'll all be over much too soon.

Today was OK.  We kicked it off at Noon with the James Franco flick, INTERIOR. LEATHER BAR.  I still don't know what I saw.  The hardcore gay sex didn't bother me.  It's just that I'm still trying to figure out what the point was.  A.C.O.D. was friggin hilarious.  Great cast and lots of fun.  It was definitely the bright spot today.  Then came BIG SUR, the Jack Kerouac flick.  Great performances but slow.  Kerouac's words were great to hear.  Nice cadence.

Tomorrow I'm really excited.  There's the Rutger Hauer flick, THE FUTURE, a highly rated drama/fantasy, ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW and a Western with Ed Harris called SWEETWATER.  That last one is my most anticipated flick at Sundance (because it's a Western).  After that there's only 4 more movies left.  Sigh.  I've got a big break tomorrow between the first two films so I should be able to get caught up on the film reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment