Sunday, January 6, 2013

Autopsy (2008)

Director: Adam Gierasch

Starring: Michael Bowen, Robert Patrick, Jessica Lowndes, Ashley Schneider, Ross Kohn, Jenette Goldstein, Robert LaSardo, Arcadiy Golubovich, Ross McCall, Gregg Brazzel

More info: IDMb

Tagline:  Get carried away.

Plot: Emily and her friends hit a pedestrian on a lonely highway one night and ride with the victim to a nearby hospital in an ambulance that shows up shortly after the accident.  Once there, it soon becomes clear that they aren't going to leave...alive.


My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.  Once was fine.

Not a bad picture.  It's less than ten minutes before everyone's at the hospital and for the next hour and change, that's where we'll be.  The gore starts pretty early on, too, which is a good thing, and there's a good deal of it.  The scene where the guy's guts are spilling out of his body and onto this girl pinned beneath him is pretty neat.  Ever since seeing KILL BILL () I've been noticing Michael ("My name is Buck and I like to fuck") Bowen here and there. And it's always fun to see the menacing Robert LaSardo.  They add some fun to the flick.  While I don't care about the people we're supposed to care about (the kids) I did get some enjoyment out of seeing them suffer.  Fortunately this was good enough so that I wasn't among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment