Saturday, January 26, 2013

In Fear (2013)

Director: Jeremy Lovering

Starring: Alice Englert, Iain De Caestecker, Allen Leech

More info: IMDb

Plot: In Jeremy Lovering’s chilling debut, a young couple fights to survive one night-turned-nightmare. Driving to a music festival, Tom and Lucy have plans to stay at a countryside hotel. But with hotel signs leading them in circles and darkness falling, they soon become lost in a maze of country roads…and the target of an unknown tormentor.

My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again?  I wouldn't mind another crack at it.


It took me a while to start to like this but I have questions that might easily be answered on a second viewing.  There's a great scene that involves the backseat passenger majorly fucking with the couple holding a knife to the back of her neck.  The payoff was fucked up but not as fucked up as the trunk scene later on.  Sundance is for independent film and this is a good low budget film with a minimum of cast (just the three kids) and an excellent use of the small outdoor location.  As far as I could tell this was one of only two horror films at the Sundance Film Festival this year.  I missed S/V/H/S (2013) because of schedule conflicts with other films I just couldn't miss.  With me being the horror junkie that I am I'm going to have to load up the car with a couple of friends and hit a horror/sci-fi film festival somewhere.  I'm sure the quality of the films isn't any near as good as they are here at Sundance but it'd be a hell of a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment