Friday, January 18, 2013

Jaws 3-D (1983)

Director: Joe Alves

Starring: Dennis Quaid, Bess Armstrong, Simon MacCorkindale, Louis Gossett Jr, John Putch, Lea Thompson, P.H. Moriarty

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Reaching new depths of terror.

Plot: The sons of police chief Brody must protect civilians at a Sea World theme park after a gigantic 35-foot shark becomes trapped in the park.



My rating: 4/10, but don't think I wasn't tempted to make it 3/10 but I wasn't bored enough

Will I watch it again?  No.  The DVD no longer lives in my house.


#191 on Drive-In Delirium Volume 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

Boy this is as bad as everyone says.  The story's a real stretch, the dialogue is sometimes ridiculously bad, Gossett's Cajun accent is terrible (why even bother with an accent?) and fades in and out, the shark effects are poor and clumsy.  I could probably go on but I'd like to move onto something more positive.  And, yes, this is the one where the shark swims backwards.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment