Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Star Trek 8: First Contact (1996)




Director: Jonathan Frakes

Starring: The usual suspects plus James Cromwell and Alice Krige

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Resistance is Futile.

Plot: Capt. Picard and his crew pursue the Borg back in time to stop them from preventing Earth from initiating first contact with alien life.



My rating:8/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah.

Jerry Goldsmith is back! At the very least I was excited about that much. After the last picture, my expectations were low but it wouldn't have mattered 'cause this one's really good! I watched it on Netflix instant and the quality was absolutely stunning!


Since the only episode I ever saw of ST:TNG was the pilot with the Borg, I had a minor frame of reference. They make great villains and Alice Krige did a fine job as the Borg big cheese.


I much preferred the peril that was taking place in space over what was happening on Earth. If there weren't so many light touches it would have been better. I don't mind humor when it works but I do when it doesn't and when it's forced.


I really dug this picture. Data isn't annoying like in the last one. If what everyone says is true, it's only going to get worse from here and there's two more left. Resistance is recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment