Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Black Dynamite (2009)




Director: Scott Sanders

Starring: Michael Jai White, Obba Babatunde, Kevin Chapman, Tommy Davidson

More info: IMDb

Tagline: He's super bad. He's outta sight. He's..

Plot: This is the story of 1970s African-American action legend Black Dynamite. The Man killed his brother, pumped heroin into local orphanages, and flooded the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor. Black Dynamite was the one hero willing to fight The Man all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House.




My rating: 9/10

Will I watch it again? Aw, hell, yeah!

When I saw this trailer early 2009 I laughed so hard my face hurt. I honestly had to watch it several times just to hear everything spoken because I couldn't stop laughing. There was no fucking way this movie could possibly live up to the insanity of the trailer. THIS MOVIE LIVES UP TO THE INSANITY OF THE TRAILER! OMFG is it fantastic. You can tell this was made with nothing but love and severe talent. It's a spot-on tribute to the low budget Blaxploitation movies of the 70s. That they could make a movie that looks and feels like one from 30 years earlier is amazing but to make one as thoroughly enjoyable as this one is astounding. White's titular performance and script couldn't have been better. I need a sequel, damnit! Can you dig it?


No comments:

Post a Comment