Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Star Trek 7: Generations (1994)




Director: David Carson

Starring: Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis, Malcolm McDowell, James Doohan, Walter Koenig, William Shatner, Alan Ruck

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Two captains. One destiny.

Plot: Capt. Picard, with the help of supposedly dead Capt. Kirk, must stop a madman willing to murder on a planetary scale in order to enter a space matrix.



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? It's not likely.

This one is so weak. OK, so the only ST:TNG episode I ever saw was the pilot the night it originally aired. I liked it but I had just started college and I didn't have the time to invest in a weekly TV show. Why I never got around to it later is beyond me. Anyway, this means that it's been over twenty years since I saw anything TNG.

I'm sure Data is a beloved character but, save a few moments, he annoyed the piss out of me.


I can't believe that centuries from now reporters are going to be using audio recorders that are BIGGER THAN THE ONES WE USE NOW!


Klingons have always been a mixed bag for me because on one hand, you've got hardcore warriors and on the other hand, you've got buffoons. The only reason these two exist is because someone thought it would be a good idea to see Klingon Kleavage. It would've been nicer if they didn't behave so goddamned stupid.


If this was the only way they could work Kirk back into the story then they should've scrapped the whole idea. The entire premise was ridiculous and to make matters worse, the movie's nearly two hours long.


The special effects were good as was Dennis McCarthy's score. And for as poor of an outing I thought this was, I had no idea the things I overlooked until I saw Mr. Plinkett's HILARIOUS review. The film makers REALLY dropped the ball on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment