Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)




Director: Steve Miner

Starring: Dana Kimmell, Paul Kratka

More info: IMDb

Tagline: A New Dimension In Terror...

Plot: Having escaped in the last episode, Jason is back, hockey mask and all, to continue his murderous rampage across Crystal Lake.



My rating: 5.5

Will I watch it again? I...just...don't...know...


Color me impressed! Until three years ago I had only seen one of these films (not the first, either!) and I always had the impression that these were dumb, boring movies. Nope. They're actually pretty fun and much better than I had hoped for. At the very least they're entertaining and rarely dull.


I watched the 3D version and it was OK. I'm sure it's better in 2D. And this wasn't the 3D horror lovefest that was the recent PIRANHA 3D (2010) movie. This one's got the gore and kills but it's light on the naked broads. WTF? Yeah, I know. And the acting? It's getting progressively worse.


This one slips further from the first as far as kills and nudity go, but there are some decent kills like the kid that Jason machete's down the middle. That was fun. Just like the previous film, it's more of the same and more of that 5 minute recap of the last film at the beginning. You know, just in case you forgot WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED AT THE END OF PART TWO THAT CAME OUT A FUCKING YEAR AGO...just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment