Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)


Director: Steve Miner

Starring: Amy Steel, John Furey

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The body count continues...

Plot: Mrs. Voorhees is dead, and Camp Crystal Lake is shut down, but a camp next to the infamous place is stalked by an unknown assailant. Is it Mrs. Voorhees' son Jason who didn't drown in the lake some 30 years before?



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? I suppose.

"I told the others, they didn't believe me. You're all doomed. You're all doomed."

So last night I'm in the mood for some 80s slasher and I went to the next on the list of Ft13s to watch which was number 5. It's the first sequel I didn't really care for so I thought I'd jot down my thoughts on 2-4 before I moved on. This one offers more of the same that the first film delivered - a high body count, great kills and annoying teens in the woods.


There's not much imagination here as it really is not unlike the first film except for the ending, of course. And the beginning? Is it REALLY necessary to spend the first five to six minutes recapping the end of the first one THAT JUST CAME OUT THE YEAR BEFORE? They pull that shit with the SAW films and it annoys the fuck out of me. I realize part of it is padding as without it, it'd be less than an hour and twenty minutes long...but still...

Niiiiiiiice! Damn, I miss the 80s sometimes!

Hey, kids! Let's play a game! How about 'Count the Back Ribs'?
How many can you spot? All of them? YOU win!!!
And what do you win? Your very own, personalized Friday the 13th
bulimia barf bag!

Lots of gore and some nudity and that's all that 80s slashers required. For a movie like the first one, this is a worthy sequel but it's not the best of them. I've now seen the first five films and the 4th was the most fun for me with number five being the least. Jason doesn't have the iconic hockey mask yet...that comes in part 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment