Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shutter Island (2010)


Director: Martin Scorsese

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Max von Sydow, Emily Mortimer, Patricia Clarkson, Jackie Earle Haley, Ted Levine

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Someone is missing.

Plot: Drama set in 1954, U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels is investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Absolutely!

Nice! I wouldn't expect anything less coming from Scorsese. It's a great thriller with some incredibly nice moments...and the ending...WOW! No spoilers here. DiCaprio delivers again. I really dug Kingsley's character arc. That touched me deeply. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, knowing what I know now which I hope does not lessen the impact. I'd like to say more but I don't feel like spending time either dancing around the plot points or flat out going with spoilers.

It's a solid thriller loaded with atmosphere and wonderful performances and it's so refreshing that Scorsese continues to grow as an artist, given his incredibly diverse catalog of work and advancing age. He's showing no signs of slowing down...and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment