Friday, September 3, 2010

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)


Director: Jonathan Liebesman

Starring: R. Lee Ermey and a crapload of names I've never heard of

More info: IMDB

Tagline: Witness The Birth Of Fear

Plot: On one last road trip before they're sent to serve in Vietnam, two brothers and their girlfriends get into an accident that calls their local sheriff to the scene. Thus begins a terrifying experience where the teens are taken to a secluded house of horrors, where a young, would-be killer is being nurtured.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Probably not.

Ya know, I was afraid the backstory was going to blow more than the 2003 film but it didn't. It's a lot better than that. The 2003 TCM wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as it should have been. I rate this prequel slightly higher. Like the first one, Ermey is The Man. He exudes menace. In the 2003 film I kept expecting to find out how he became sheriff. I thought it would be cool if he killed the sheriff and just took his shit. Well, that's exactly what happened in this picture. That was cool.


And just like the 2003 film they had to have a knife 'schwing' moment. This one is just as ridiculous as the other one. Here, Ermey wrapped plastic wrap around this kid's head to suffocate him. The other kid pleads to let him breath so Ermey complies...


Yep. Apparently pushing a knife through fucking Saran Wrap makes a loud fucking noise. Whatever. There are no survivors but you should know that if you saw the other film like you were supposed to. There wouldn't be a sequel if someone got away, right? Well, I got away if for no other reason than to watch the original film again and it's sequels (which I've yet to see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment