Friday, August 20, 2010

Saw V (2008)


Director: David Hackl

Starring: Tobin Bell, Julie Benz

More info: IMDB

Tagline: You won't believe how it ends.

Plot: Following Jigsaw's grisly demise, Mark Hoffman, the final apprentice to the serial killer is deigned a hero. Meanwhile, Agent Strahm is tested and follows all the leads he can get until it boils down to a gruesome and bone-crushing finale.



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? no

This series is what it is. Each gets a little worse than the previous but this one seemed a little better than the last two or three. They at least did something different with the traps by involving multiple victims having to work together to solve them and they're more personal and vindictive. It's not much but it helped make it more interesting. The last ten minutes was great but it's such a chore to sit through. It was a very effective and compelling ending and cliffhanger that I immediately wanted to see the next one. That part was at least good enough to keep me from feeling like I completely wasted my time. That is...until I saw the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment