Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to the Future (1985)


Director: Robert Zemeckis

Starring: Michael J Fox & Christopher Lloyd

More info: IMDB

Tagline: He was never in time for his classes . . .Then one day he wasn't in his time at all.

Plot: Marty McFly helps out his friend Doc Brown, and ends up being taken back in time by Doc's time-machine. Marty, a boy of the 80's, has to come to grips with being in the 50's and get his parents to fall in love to set straight the damage his presence has done to the events of the past.



My rating: 9.75/10

Will I watch it again? Guaranteed!

I remember catching this one when it came out in '85 and, like the rest of the world, I was blown away. You've seen it so you know what I mean. It's just so much fun. There's a great story, tons of laughs, some real tension, great music (thank you, Alan Silvestri!), editing, direction, performances, the works. The only thing that keeps this from being a flawless movie is the disappearing people on the photograph during the dance. Yeah, I know, if you can get behind the time traveling DeLorean then that shouldn't be much of a stretch. I can buy everything else but that one little bit makes me laugh.

On IMDB there are 1,833 who rated this a 1. There are 1,833 people on the planet who should not be allowed to watch movies ever again. I'd LOVE to see what they did like.

No comments:

Post a Comment