Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quarantine (2008)


Director: John Erick Dowdle

Starring: Jennifer Carpenter

More info: IMDb

Tagline: On March 11 2008, the government sealed off an apartment complex in Los Angeles. The residents were never seen again. No details. No witnesses. No evidence. Until now.

Plot: A television reporter and her cameraman are trapped inside a building quarantined by the CDC after the outbreak of a mysterious virus which turns humans into bloodthirsty killers.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Noop.

#30 of 31 Days of Horror 2010.

I'm not much of a fan of American remakes of foreign films. They usually fail. [Rec] (2007) came out THE YEAR BEFORE! I watched it several months ago and I thought it was quite good. QUARANTINE seemed to be a verrrrrrry close to the original remake. Many of the shots looked familiar, the building, camera moves, ending...lots of similarity. Then why the fuck make it? I only watched it because I enjoyed the original and this one stars Carpenter. She rocks on DEXTER. She was fine here but I couldn't help but feel like "what's the point?" afterward. I'd rather see the original. Unlike most Americans it seems, I can handle reading subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment