Sunday, November 7, 2010

High Tension (2003)


Director: Alexandre Aja

Starring: Cecile De France, Maiwenn Le Besco, Philippe Nahon

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Hearts will bleed.

Plot: Two college friends, Marie and Alexa, encounter loads of trouble (and blood) while on vacation at Alexa's parents' country home when a mysterious killer invades their quiet getaway.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yes, and I hope it doesn't fall apart knowing what I know now.

#31 of 31 Days of Horror 2010.

So I understand that this is first in the new wave of horror from France? It's a stylish, good start regardless. I really enjoyed it. For years I had heard how it was great until the last couple of reels where it fell apart and disappointed A LOT of people. I never heard what the ending was but I can see how it would. I was perfectly OK with it but then I haven't really given much though to the picture since I watched it Halloween week. The ending does require quite a bit of suspension of disbelief unless...well, I won't spoil it. HT is worth a look. It's clear that Aja has an eye for cinema. I'm actually looking forward to his remake of THE HILLS HAVE EYES (2006) which I hear is very good. I've been burned before. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment