Sunday, October 10, 2010

[Rec] (2007)


Directors: Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza

Starring: Manuela Velasco, Ferran Terraza

More info: IMDb

Tagline: One Witness. One Camera.

Plot: In Barcelona, the reporter Ángela Vidal and the cameraman Pablo are covering the night-shift of local fire station. When the firemen receive a distress call from a lady in a building, Ángela and Pablo go in the firefighter truck with the firemen Manu and Álex with Pablo recording each step. When they arrive in the building under siege of the police, they find the hysterical dwellers gathered in the lobby in the entrance and they hear screams upstairs. Manu and Álex go upstairs with two policemen and followed by Ángela and Pablo, and they find an aggressive old lady that attacks one policeman. When they return to the lobby, they find that they are sealed in the building and trapped with the residents in the beginning of a chaotic and nightmarish night.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah.

This is a great little flick with an "I JUST LOST MY SHIT!" final shot. I was hesitant to watch this because of the hand-held cam thing. Boy was I wrong. It doesn't take long before we're inside the building and the shit storm begins. From there until the end it's a fun ride. I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel and the American remake, QUARANTINE (2008) ONLY because I hear it's good and it stars that skinny broad from DEXTER and she needs to have my babies, although I think she would break if she took my babies to full term.

No comments:

Post a Comment