Friday, November 12, 2010

Hellraiser (1987)


Director: Clive Barker

Starring: Andrew Robinson, Clare Higgins

More info: IMDb

Tagline: He'll tear your soul apart.

Plot: An unfaithful wife encounters the zombie of her dead lover, who's being chased by demons after he escaped from their sado-masochistic Hell.


My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Yes!

#167 on Drive-In Delirium Volume 2 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I'd forgotten how good this movie is. It's been two years since I watched it and probably 20 years since that time before that. Damn, I can't believe I went that long. It's a good, compelling story, the performances are better than what you'd expect and the special effects are top notch and still hold up after all these years. Day-um! Christopher Young's score is way better than it needs to be. It's one creepy-ass meaty score. That never escaped me as I've listened to it hundreds of times in the twenty-plus years I've had it. It's a must-see and a welcome departure to the typical 80s slasher horror flicks prominent at the time. I've never seen any of the sequels but I hear HELLRAISER 2 is just as good, if not better, than this one. I'm game.

No comments:

Post a Comment