Saturday, November 27, 2010

Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (1986)


Director: Leonard Nimoy

Starring: Everyone from the last three pictures

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The key to saving the future, can be found only in the past.

Plot: To save Earth from an alien probe, Kirk and his crew go back in time to retrieve the only beings who can communicate with it, humpback whales.



My rating: 9/10

Will I watch it again? Oh, yeah.

Treks 2, 3 and 4 are the only ones I saw in the theater until the reboot last year. I may have seen another one but I just can't be sure. It doesn't matter anyway. I thoroughly enjoy this one. It's more light-hearted than the others and it's more fun (naturally, taking ST2 out of the equation since that one's the best one of all). The jokes are great and plentiful. Each of the cast gets their moment to shine which is a welcome sight. It didn't always happen that way. No point in going on more about it...we've all seen it. It's too bad James Horner didn't come back to score it, though. Movin' on...

No comments:

Post a Comment