Friday, November 12, 2010

The Green Slime (1968)




Director: Kinji Fukasaku

Starring: Robert Horton, Luciana Paluzzi, Richard Jaeckel

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Green Slime are coming!!

Plot: A giant asteroid is heading toward Earth so some astronauts disembark from a nearby space station to blow it up. The mission is successful, and they return to the station unknowingly bringing back a gooey green substance that mutates into one-eyed tentacled monsters that feed off electricity. Soon the station is crawling with them, and people are being zapped left and right!



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Hell, YEAH!

#20 on 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)


TGS has one of the coolest theme song in a movie...EVER! Dig it!







That alone is enough for me to dig this picture. It's got great model work (albeit cheesy and phony), some outrageous monsters (which are especially cool when they run rampant at the end of the film) and the whole picture takes place in space. I love this shit! It's great, cheesy fun and all with a groovy as shit soundtrack! Listen to that theme song one more time and tell me that you're not jazzed to see it. I dare you! I saw somewhere recently that it's getting an official release. Consider that one a definite purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment