Sunday, November 28, 2010

Joe Kidd (1972)


Director: John Sturges

Starring: Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall, John Saxon, Don Stroud, Dick Van Patten

More info: IMDb

Tagline: If you're looking for trouble - - - he's JOE KIDD

Plot: An ex-bounty hunter reluctantly helps a wealthy landowner and his henchmen track down a Mexican revolutionary leader.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah.

Seriously, did Clint Eastwood make a bad western? Now that I've seen JOE KIDD I think there's only one left, THE BEGUILED (1971). Not much to say about this one except it delivers in everything you would expect and want from an Eastwood western. It's not his best by a long shot but it's definitely better than average. Duvall plays a good asshole, Stroud's a sleazebag as usual and it's really neat seeing Saxon playing a Mexican. That was different. Beautiful locales and lots of action. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment