Sunday, November 27, 2011

Super Fuzz (1980)



Director: Sergio Corbucci

Starring: Terence Hill, Ernest Borgnine, Joanne Dru, Marc Lawrence, Julie Gordon, Lee sandman, Salvatore Borghese, Woody Woodbury

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Faster than a speeding ticket. More powerful than a SWAT team. And up, up and away the funniest super hero of them all!

Plot: Red powder from a nuclear explosion gives a police officer super powers as long as he doesn't see anything red. He is eventually framed for murder and is unsuccessfully executed by many different methods.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Probably not.

#41 on 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

I remember seeing this way back in the early 80s on HBO. After Terence Hill did the two TRINITY Spaghetti Westerns in the early 70s he began to make mostly family films. That's OK I guess but his comedies are slapsticky and can be too much for a lot of folks. SUPER FUZZ is a goofy movie that crosses the funny line a few times into flat out stupid territory but then again, it's kind of fun. Little kids should love it. Hill is very likable in everything he does and he rarely played anything but good guys trying to do good things.


I loves me the dummy falls and this picture's got two of 'em.







Man, they really get a lot of mileage out of the theme song. I'm glad I revisited it after more than 25 years but I think I'll be fine living off the memories from now on so that I don't have to give it another spin. I don't plan on ever having kids which would be the only reason I would watch it again. Fun flick, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment