Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Crippled Masters (1979)



Director: Kei Law

Starring: Mu Chuan Chen, Jackie Conn, Frankie Shum

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Two crippled brothers, one indestructible force. Revenge against all odds.

Plot: Two men skilled in the arts of Kung-Fu are betrayed by their master and crippled for life, one left with no arms and the other with no legs. Despite their obvious disadvantages, they learn to combine their martial arts skills and seek revenge against the evil master.



My rating: 9/10

Will I watch it again? and again and again and again...

#22 on 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

This is one of my favorite kung fu movies and one hell of a group movie to watch with friends. It's so out there. If you watched the trailer then you'll know exactly what you're getting into and don't think that the movie doesn't deliver - it does. The guy with the flipper arm is all kinds of amazing and these two guys working together is a sight to see. There's some great kung fu action and a pretty good story, as simple as it might be. Regardless of any shortcomings, these two actors make up for it in spades. They really are inspirational. For years I've been watching a pan and scan copy and I just got my hands on a good looking widescreen print. Not only that but I also just got the two other movies these guys made plus another crippled kung fu flick I'd never heard of. Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment