Thursday, November 24, 2011

Star Trek 10: Nemesis (2002)


Director: Stuart Baird

Starring: The regular cast of ST: TNG plus Tom hardy and Ron Perlman

More info: IMDb

Tagline: A Generation's Final Journey Begins

Plot: After the Enterprise is diverted to the Romulan planet of Romulus, supposedly because they want to negotiate a truce, the Federation soon find out the Romulans are planning an attack on Earth.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? I guess.

This is the last time I have to say that I've only ever seen one episode of TNG and that was the pilot on the night it originally aired. I say that because I understand there's a lot to bitch about if you are familiar with the show and all of the goings-on of the characters. Besides being kind of slow and talky at times, the only thing I found ridiculous, besides the plot parallels to THE WRATH OF KHAN was stuff like the dune buggy chase. My first thought was why the hell would they have or need one of these when they've got a shuttle that is much more efficient. Maybe they liked to old-school it from time to time. That's so far into the future that by modern standards it would be like keeping a couple of horses on an aircraft carrier to pick up supplies when it docks or something. Whatever. The special effects look great, there's a good Jerry Goldsmith score and I really like what Data (one of my least favorite characters) did at the end. Nice. Overall, it's not bad but then I don't have nearly 200 episodes of history to get me all riled up that the film makers did this and left out that.

No comments:

Post a Comment