Wednesday, October 1, 2008

May (2002)


Director: Lucky McKee

Starring: Angela Bettis, Jeremy Sisto, Anna Faris

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Be Careful... She Just Might Take Your Heart.

Plot: Psychological horror about a lonely young woman traumatized by a difficult childhood, and her increasingly desperate attempts to connect with the people around her.

Here's the trailer but if you do not want spoilers DON'T WATCH IT!!!



My Rating: 7/10

Would I watch it again? Do I think crazy broads are hot? No. But I would like to see this again

Again, DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER if you want to avoid a major spoiler. I only just now watched the trailer for the first time. I knew nothing going into the film except that it's disturbing. I'm glad I didn't know anything because what she does during the last twenty minutes caught me and my friends by complete surprise and it was a good thing.

It's slow going but it's interesting. We didn't see the final act coming until it was too late. The film shifts tonally at this point and it goes into "FUCK, YEAH" territory where it stays until the end of the picture. Great stuff. Don't watch it with someone you're trying to score with. At least someone who's unstable that you're trying to score with. That's most of us, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment