Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)


Director: John Carpenter

Starring: Austin Stoker

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: L.A.'s deadliest street gang just declared war on the cops.

Plot: The lone inhabitants of an abandoned police station are under attack by the overwhelming numbers of a seemingly unstoppable street gang.



My Rating: 7/10

Would I watch it again? Am I the only one who thought the title referred to someone going down on Madonna?

Here's another one that caught me by surprise. I feel like I led a sheltered life or something. I'd heard about it since I was a kid, it's just that I never got around to it until now. This is a great low budget, badass, violent movie. Carpenter doesn't pull any punches. For example, here's a controversial scene:

"I want a vanilla twist."




AWESOME!!!! I love kids, see, but it's so rare you get to see them killed with such style. Ahahahaha. If that, ahem, shot makes you smile then you're so going to dig this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment