Thursday, October 2, 2008

Basket Case (1982)



Director: Frank Henenlotter

Starring: Kevin Van Hentenryk

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: The tenant in room 7 is very small, very twisted and very mad.

Plot: A young man carrying a big basket that contains his deformed Siamese-twin brother seeks vengeance on the doctors who separated them against their will.


My Rating: 8/10

Would I watch it again? Shit, yeah

#221 on Drive-In Delirium Volume 2 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

I saw this as a teen in the mid 80s but the only thing I remember was the repeated line, "What's in the basket?". It's been more than 20 years and I feel it's a lot of years too long. This movie's fantastic. It's hysterical. There's very little budget and what Henenlotter does with it is absolutely remarkable.

The NYC 42nd street locations are a gas to see since it's completely different than it was 25 years ago. The acting is pretty bad but the story is great and the pacing doesn't let you down. What a gem of a low budget black comedy horror. I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel this month. I'm also going to revisit another Henenlotter classic, FRANKENHOOKER (1990).

"Wanna date?"

No comments:

Post a Comment