Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Legend of the Overfiend (1989)


Director: Hideki Takayama

Starring: Japanese

More Info: IMDB

Plot: When Overfiend is found and born in a human, he will remake the world to something more of his liking! Ripping the boundaries of the three universes (worlds) apart, it's clear that little can stand in his way! While the other worlds are hoping to find the Overfiend to control the creation of this new World we call Earth.



My Rating: 2/10

Would I watch it again? Would you like to be tentacle-raped? OK, but still NO

This one's notorious for it's introduction of tentacle rape to the world of Japanese animation. I've only seen one anime film before and it was VAMPIRE HUNTER D from the 80s in a theater a couple of years ago. It was horribly dull and that was my introduction to anime. Here's my second and after the film was over (all 108 minutes of it) I couldn't tell you a single thing that happened. My mind was a blue. I was so disinterested 20 minutes into the film that my eyes glossed over and rolled back into my head which means I was able to see what was going on in my brain. It was scary. When I awoke from my coma an hour an ten minutes later I was pleased to hear that it was over. I do recall the tentacle rape scene that eveyone talks about and I couldn't believe how lame it was. I guess 12 year old boys in 1989 were cuckoo for Coco Puffs for it but not this cat. The whole ordeal of watching this picture left me confused and wanting to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment