Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MoH 106: Homecoming (2005)


Director: Joe Dante

Starring: Jon Tenney, Thea Gill

More Info: IMDB

Plot: A publicity official for the U.S. Army finds that he might have to be working a lot more than he imagined, when the deceased soldiers of the war come back to life, looking for a few good men.



My Rating: 8/10

Would I watch it again? Is Amy Poehler HOT?

Joe Dante is an old favorite. PIRANHA (1978) was a great, fun JAWS rip-off, the GREMLINS pictures were great, MATINEE (1993) was lots of fun and he directed one of my all-time favorite movies, THE 'BURBS (1989). I love this guy's cinematic sense of humor. HOMECOMING isn't any different. It's a great political black comedy horror film. Because it's a MOH film, it's just under an hour. I had a special movie night on July 4th this year (see how far behind I am in these damn things?) and I wanted to show UNCLE SAM (1997) but that didn't arrive in time so I settled on this one. I'm glad I did. Everyone busted a gut on it. It's hysterical. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I remember this movie. I thought it was really good. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete