Thursday, December 14, 2017

WolfCop (2014)

Director: Lowell Dean

Writer: Lowell Dean

Composers: Toby Bond, Shooting Guns

Starring: Leo Fafard, Amy Matysio, Sarah Lind, Corinne Conley, Jesse Moss, Jonathan Cherry, Aidan Devine, James Whittingham

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Here comes the fuzz

Plot: As a series of strange and violent events begin to occur, an alcoholic policeman realizes that he has been turned into a werewolf as part of a larger plan.



My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

The trailer looked like it could be fun but most of the laughs were in the trailer.  It's almost a one joke movie but writer/director Dean pulled more out of the idea.  A few minutes shy of an hour and a half, it felt a half hour too long.  I like Fafard in the lead and some of the characters/actors were fun but there were way too many slow spots to keep me into it.  I drifted a lot.  There's a little bit of nudity and gore.  I didn't drift during those parts.  It did well enough for a sequel that came out this year.  Maybe I'll check it out.  I'm willing to give this Canadian franchise another look.

No comments:

Post a Comment