Monday, December 18, 2017

Hell on Wheels (2011) TV series

Creators: Joe Gayton, Tony Gayton

Composer: Kevin Kiner

Starring: Anson Mount, Colm Meaney, Robin McLeavy, Phil Burke, Christopher Heyerdahl, Dohn Norwood, Common, Kasha Kropinski, Tom Noonan, Dominique McElligott

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Blood will be spilled. Lives will be lost. Men will be ruined.

Plot: Cullen Bohannon, a former soldier and slaveholder, follows the track of a band of Union soldiers, the killers of his wife. This brings him to the middle of one of the biggest projects in US history, the building of the transcontinental railroad. After the war years in the 1860s, this undertaking connected the prospering east with the still wild west.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

I wanted to like this.  I really did.  Being a HUGE fan of Westerns, getting a high budget TV series felt like it was my birthday...until I watched it.  I wanted to stop after the first couple of episodes but I kept going and gave up after the sixth.  The characters did nothing for me.  Cullen (Mount) is the guy I'm supposed to be rootin' for but he and several of the others were so bland I couldn't get behind them.  I've heard the show is good until season three when it went off the rails and it was all downhill from there but I can't even get that far.  Does the second half of season one get better?  I'd still like to believe that it does because I REALLY dig this kind of shit but not this show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment