Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Station Agent (2003)

Director: Tom McCarthy

Writer: Tom McCarthy

Composer: Stephen Trask

Starring: Peter Dinklage, Paul Benjamin, Jase Blakfort, Paula Garces, Josh Pais, Richard Kind, Bobby Cannavale, Patricia Clarkson

More info: IMDb

Plot: When his only friend dies, a man born with dwarfism moves to rural New Jersey to live a life of solitude, only to meet a chatty hot dog vendor and a woman dealing with her own personal loss.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

When I saw this a couple of years ago it was the first performance I'd seen of Dinklage outside of GAME OF THRONES (2011) and it was right after that I found out he was American.  The crap you learn in weird ways.  This independent film is delightful.  It's rather quiet and relaxing to a degree for a lighthearted drama.  I appreciate the casual pacing and tone.  Dinklage plays Finbar with such reserve.  Cannavale is a hoot.  Good flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment