Sunday, December 10, 2017

Homefront (2013)

Director: Gary Fleder

Writers: Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Logan

Composer: Mark Isham

Starring: Jason Statham, James Franco, Izabela Vidovic, Kate Bosworth, Marcus Hester, Clancy Brown, Winona Ryder

More info: IMDb

Tagline: How far would you go to protect your home?

Plot: Phil Broker has had enough of the demanding duties of a DEA agent. He brings his young daughter to a small town, looking for a quiet life. But people in this town, as he learns, don't easily forgive any past transgressions-- such as when his daughter fights off a bully at school. This attracts the wrath of the bully's uncle, a meth cooker and dealer, and his gang. Things become dicier when people involved in the last major bust he participated in, track him to the small town.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

It looks good I guess.  I've never disliked a Statham performance.  He tends to play the same type of tough guy role but I really dig what he brings to it.  He kicks a lot of ass and that's satisfying.  James Franco seems too cleaned up in his role.  I'd rather have someone more menacing and outright dangerous as Gator.  It's a decent action revenge flick but don't go out of your way to see it unless you're a Statham completist like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment