Friday, December 29, 2017

Better Call Saul (2015) TV series

Creators: Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould

Composer: Dave Porter

Starring: Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Rhea Seehorn, Patrick Fabian, Michael Mando, Michael McKean

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Make the call

Plot: The trials and tribulations of criminal lawyer, Jimmy McGill, in the time leading up to establishing his strip-mall law office in Albuquerque, New Mexico.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

I was late to the dance on seeing BREAKING BAD (2008) and didn't start it until shortly after the series ended.  I loved it but if a spin-off was going to happen, Saul was a great character to do it with.  I love this show.  Odenkirk sells the shit out of his character, Jimmy (who will later change his name to Saul).  I've only seen the first two seasons but it's one of those shows I can't get enough of.  I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to have Jonathan Banks back in his BB role of Mike.  I think it was episode 6 (Five-O) that's all about Mike and his past.  It's brilliant and probably my favorite episode so far.  I'm really impressed with Gilligan and Gould for creating a series that breaks from its predecessor and does its own thing while still maintaining the hard drama and moments of humor that BB achieved.  Waiting on season 3 to drop on Neflix has me jonesing to run through BB again.   This is great television.

No comments:

Post a Comment