Tuesday, December 19, 2017

No No: A Dockumentary (2014)

Director: Jeff Radice

Composer: Adam Horovitz

Starring: Dock Ellis, Larry Demery, Ron Howard

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Just Say No No!

Plot: In the 1970s Dock Ellis pitched a no-hitter on LSD and his outspoken style courted conflict and controversy, but his latter years were spent helping others recover from addiction.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

Knowing nothing about Ellis or his pitching a no-hitter while hopped up on LSD, just hearing about that one thing was enough for me to give this a shot.  I like sports but I don't watch them or follow them but this is a fascinating film about an equally fascinating subject.  It's funny, shocking and very emotional.  I was a bit of a mess by the end but with happiness, not sadness.  Check this one out.  It's still on Netflix after more than two and a half years.  I know because that's how far I'm behind in writing about the shit I've seen since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment