Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Matador (2005)

Director: Richard Shepard

Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Greg Kinnear, Hope Davis, Adam Scott, Arlin Miller, Azucena Medina, Portia Dawson, Roberto Sosa, Philip Baker Hall

More info: IMDb

Tagline: A hitman and a salesman walk into a bar...

Plot: A globetrotting hitman and a crestfallen businessman meet in a hotel bar in Mexico City in an encounter that draws them together in a way neither expected.


My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I'm not a big fan of the Brosnan Bond pictures.  I like him OK in the role (he was too flippant but he could have been a great Bond if it weren't for that) except the films they put him in weren't that good.  To the point, I love Brosnan when he plays close to the anti-Bond kind of like what he did in this one and more so in the excellent THE TAILOR OF PANAMA (2001).  I like his ambiguity in this picture.  I wasn't quite sure if he meant what he said some of the time.  Greg Kinnear was a lot of fun, too.  Loved the stache.  The two of these guys worked well together and the ending wraps up nicely.  I'll definitely watch this one again.  I've got to give PANAMA another go, too.  Great flicks, both of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment