Monday, July 22, 2013

The Legend of Drunken Master (1994)

Director: Chia-Liang Liu

Starring: Jackie Chan, Lung Ti, Anita Mui, Felix Wong, Chia-Liang Liu, Ken Lo, Kar Lok Chin, Ho-Sung Pak

More info: IMDb

Tagline:  Don't Cross His Path When He's Drunk!

Plot: A young martial artist is caught between respecting his pacifist father's wishes or stopping a group of disrespectful foreigners from stealing precious artifacts.


My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

Boy, it's been too long since I watched a Jackie Chan flick and longer still since I saw this one.  I seem to recall he did another Drunken Master movie in the 70s that was better than this one.  Chan is a work of art in fluid motion.  His physicality is uncanny.  The fight choreography (by Chan) is superb and most of all, fun as all hell.  I also dig his sense of humor and playfulness.  This picture oozes with fun from start to finish.  Any video clip from this movie speaks volumes more than I could ever muster up.

THE AWESOMENESS STARTS HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big Jackie fan, but somehow I've never seen this one. Thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete