Thursday, August 8, 2013

Feast of Death (2001)

Director: Vikram Jayanti

Starring: James Ellroy, Mike Berchem, Brian M. Carr, Paul W. Coulter, Louis D. Danoff, Larry Harnishc, Karen Hiliker

More info: IMDb

Plot: A documentary about James Ellroy and his fascination with unsolved murder cases, especially those of his mother, and the similar, infamous, Black Dahlia murder.


My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

Watch the brief introduction above and tell me you aren't intrigued at what follows for the next 88 minutes.  I was hooked.  Ellroy is a fascinating figure to hear him talk of his childhood, mother's death, the famous Black Dahlia murder and other murder cases with L.A. detectives, his friends.  The ride alongs with Ellroy and his private dinner with the detectives discussing cases is very interesting and loads of fun.  I really dig this kind of true crime stuff and I eat it up like candy.  The theories, speculation, motives, methods and so on are compelling and this doc gets the sleazy crime juices flowing pushing me a little closer to reading one of his books.  Now I just need to figure out which one.  He's prolific, I'll give him that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment