Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shadow Warriors: Assault on Devil's Island (1997)




Director: Jon Cassar

Starring: Hulk Hogan, Carl Weathers, Shannon Tweed, Martin Kove, Trevor Goddard, Christopher Douglas, Mike White, Billy Blanks, Billy Drago

More info: IMDb

Plot: When Mike McBride (Hogan) and his team go after a drug baron, one of the team turns traitor. The drug kingpin, Carlos Gallindo (Drago) is taken into military custody. The traitor kidnaps a load of gymnasts to get the drug baron back bringing the team back to rescue the hostages.



My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? No.

There are two reasons why you should see this movie.


This is the first of two Shadow Warriors movies and the worst. SHADOW WARRIORS II was a bad movie but at least it was a lot more fun and you could have a good time watching it with friends and booze. This one you won't. After seeing the second one I thought this one was going to be better but, boy, was I surprised. Hogan is terrible. He's got some of the blandest line deliveries I've ever heard. He tries far too hard to be the quiet badass type. He doesn't succeed.


Billy Drago is lots of fun as the bad guy and he's about the best thing about the movie.



I said 'about'.


Say, what's this?


I thought this was a TV movie. They must've included this scene when they released it on DVD. If only more TV movies on DVD had shit like this added to it.

Imagine how THE BOY IN THE PLASTIC BUBBLE (1976) would have been...



Or Steven Spielberg's DUEL (1971)...



Or EVERYBODY'S BABY: THE RESCUE OF JESSICA McCLURE (1989)...



It's easy to see how Shannon Tweeds boobs can add class to just about anything. I think I've made my case.

OK, one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment