Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)


Director: Tom McLoughlin

Starring: Thorn Mathews, Jennifer Cooke, David Kagen, Renee Jones, Kerry Noonan, C.J. Graham

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Kill or be killed!

Plot: Tommy goes to a graveyard to get rid of Jason's body, but he accidentally brings him back to life. Jason wants revenge! Tommy must defeat Jason once and for all!






My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Probably.

I'm watching this entire series for the first time and it's killing me I never gave them a chance before. I thought they'd be dumb horror movies. OK, they are kind of dumb but they're also pretty damn fun and entertaining. This could very well by my favorite of the sequels (so far). The kills are fun and the body count is high! I really dug that. All kinds of folks are getting snuffed out and that's alright with me. I was really curious as to why the hell there wasn't any nudity. C'mon, people! What the hell? Whoever had that lamebrain idea needs to be slapped repeatedly. The IMDb trivia says this is the only one in the franchise that doesn't have any. Good, that makes me look forward to part 7 even more. I loved the opening with Jason's resurrection and the end with his temporary setback. I guess he's a supernatural Jason now. I'm cool with that. Just keep bringing on the soon-to-be-dead teenagers and I'll keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment