Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)




Director: Joseph Green

Starring: Jason Evers, Virginia Leith, Leslie Daniels, Adele Lamont, Bonnie Sharie

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Alive... without a body... fed by an unspeakable horror from hell!

Plot: Dr. Bill Cortner has been performing experimental surgery on human guinea pigs without authorization and against the advice of his father, also a surgeon. When Bill's fiancée Jan Compton is decapitated in an automobile accident, he manages to keep her brain alive. He now needs to find a new body for his bride-to-be and settles on Doris Powell, a glamor model with a facial disfigurement. Jan meanwhile doesn't want to continue her body-less existence and calls upon the creature hidden in the basement, one of Bill Cortner's unsuccessful experiments, to break loose.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Yes, I think I could.

Call me crazy but I kind of like this one. It's low budget, cheesy goodness. I really dig the low-rent vibe and the cornball nature of it all. I laughed my ass off a few times. The pacing was surprisingly quick enough that before you know it, 72 minutes have passed with some nice, light entertainment. Now that I'm reading about this flick I see there's a longer, uncut version. Gonna have to get that one for next time.



Virginia Leith is "Jan in the Pan" and she's fantastic. That head on a platter needs to have my babies. I'm not exactly sure how that would work out, you know - not having a uterus and womb and all, but I'm keen to give it a shot if she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment