Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Crazies (2010)




Director: Breck Eisner

Starring: Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Fear Thy Neighbor

Plot: As a toxin begins to turn the residents of Ogden Marsh, Iowa into violent psychopaths, sheriff David Dutton tries to make sense of the situation while he, his wife, and two other unaffected townspeople band together in a fight for survival.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? Hell, no!

#17 of 31 Days of Horror 2010.

This was awful. I really dug George Romero's 1973 original film. It was exciting and different. I can't believe he was executive producer on the remake and allowed it to be so bad. The ONLY thing I liked about it was Olyphant. He was part of the reason why I even bothered with this. I had heard a lot of good things about it from the net and from friends. Some who liked the original said this one improved on it. Bullshit. It's an insult. It started with a little promise but it soon went south.


Maybe it's because I had seen the original that I knew what the deal was but for fuck's sake. The worst part about it was the sheer amount of jump scares. If I tried to keep up with how many there were I'd lose count halfway. There were more loud music crashes and bangs than a Sousa march. No joke, by the last half hour we were laughing because it happened so often. We could have made a drinking game out of guessing where the next one was going to be. Fuck it. I'm going to start drinking right now. The farther away from this picture I get, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment